TOMZ Corporation is an established, successful, and growing manufacturer of precision machined components and assemblies. We are seeking a knowledgeable, highly motivated and detail-oriented Quality Inspectors with a strong interpretation and inspection methods skill set. A manufacturing background is a must.
- Works from work instructions, blueprints, and other specific procedures
- Perform inspections on machined components as required utilizing conventional layout inspection techniques and equipment. Examples include calipers, micrometers, gauges, scales, and microscopes.
- Support receiving, First Piece, FAI, In-process, and Final Inspection
- Creates, completes, and compiles necessary documentation related to Quality Inspection standards
- Assist others with inspection technique
- Support other Quality Department functions as needed
- Control of non-conforming product
- Ability to work a flexible schedule required as hours change with business climate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in Manufacturing environment or a combination of experience and education
- Strong background concerning the usage and care of mechanical measurement equipment tools and equipment and hand-held gauges including micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, height gages, pin gages, etc.
- Ability to effectively read and understand blueprints, mechanical drawings, inspection manuals and procedures
- Maintains accuracy and attention to detail at all times and completes tasks in a timely manner
- Knowledge of dimensional, visual and mechanical inspection processes
- Demonstrates strong communication skills
- Additional duties as assigned
- Prior experience in a precision machining company.
- Prior experience with ISO Quality System.
- Understanding of AQL sampling plans (Z 1.4 or other)
- Capable of operating/programming a CMM a plus
Hours: Day shift starts at 6am, Night shift starts at 5:30pm.
Minimum age, 18
PAY DEPENDS ON EXPERIENCE- PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME WITH DETAILED WORK EXPERIENCE