Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled out before submitting.
TOMZ Corporation, a leader in manufacturing of devices and components for major medical device companies, is looking for a Senior Machine Maintenance Specialist Operations to join our organization. TOMZ offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including 401k, health/dental, vision and paid time off. TOMZ maintains a modern, clean, and safe facility with state-of-the-art equipment and dedication to continuous process improvement. TOMZ is registered with the FDA as a Class 2 and Class 3 Medical Device Manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The purpose of the Senior Machine Maintenance Specialist is to provide production equipment support for all equipment allocated to the Factory as well as assist engineering with production related projects. Routinely works with Plant Maintenance to coordinate jobs and projects. The Senior Machine Specialist will take the lead in the implementation and the decision-making process on best practices for the maintenance group. This position is also responsible for creating solutions and providing technical support to enhance production reliability through concerted efforts with cross functional teams.
- Adherence to all department safety measures and work instructions
- Accountable for personal safety, the safety of co-workers and promoting a safe work environment
- Repair and maintain all production equipment, both electrical and mechanical,
- Assist engineering as required with special machine related projects
- Work with CNC and PLC controlled machines
- Routinely work in electrical control panels of production equipment to troubleshoot electrical problems
- Arc flash certified worker to work in “live” electrical control panels
- Working understanding of precision measuring instruments used in troubleshooting
- Read and interpret diagrams, schematics and specifications related to equipment operation
- Monitor, modify or write programmable ladder logic circuits as needed for existing or new installations
- Create electrical drawings, PLC programs to be used for troubleshooting of modified equipment
- Install electrical, air and data drops to equipment and machines
- Work with outside contractors for equipment repair of production machines as needed and verify completion accuracy
- Design and implement electrical circuits and technologies for support of production equipment
- Initiate or enhance the preventive maintenance schedules for production equipment
- Calibrate equipment using general and special purpose test equipment
- Facilitate equipment modifications, upgrades, overhauls and root cause failure analyses
- Ensure respective area is compliant with 5S standards
- Maintain daily log of work in established systems
- Support ISO 13485 initiatives
- Assist in the training of individuals with less experience and tenure on established maintenance standards and practices
- Mentor individuals in less experienced positions to prepare them for movement to higher levelpositions
- Project initiation and improvement ideas to better production and the business
- Purchase repair parts, tools and supplies in appropriate ERP software
- Provide input for annual department budget planning
- Ability to work flexible hours (including overtime) to accommodate production work hours as needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Associates degree in a technical related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the Equipment Maintenance field.
- “Hands-on” self-starter with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Maintains accuracy and is detail oriented and completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Prior experience with CNC and PLC controlled equipment.
- Forklift and OSHA training preferred.
- Experienced with MS Office programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds while moving equipment, parts, coolant, metal chip pans, etc. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functionsof this position.