Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled out before submitting.
TOMZ Corporation, a leader in manufacturing of devices and components for major medical device companies, is looking for a Quality Systems Specialist to join our organization. TOMZ offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including 401k, health/dental, vision and paid time off. TOMZ maintains modern, clean, and safe facilities with state-of-the-art equipment and dedication to continuous process improvement. TOMZ is registered with the FDA as a Class 2 and Class 3 Medical Device Manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The position will be responsible for ensuring global operational adherence and compliance to TOMZ’s Quality Management System (QMS) requirements. This role will be expected to provide input on, and contribute to, development and implementation of Quality System improvement strategies and approaches.
- Lead Quality Management System initiatives and continuous improvement activities.
- Generate project Quality Plans for the QMS and Organizational Objectives.
- Facilitate organizational compliance training and continual audit/assessment preparedness.
- Actively support site customer-requested auditing activities (Customer and Regulatory Agencies).
- Coordinate tracking/trending & reporting of quality system metrics and inputs to Management Review(s).
- Internal Auditing:
- Lead efforts to ensure all internal audits are performed as scheduled.
- Assess compliance to FDA and ISO 13485 requirements, as well as the internal Quality Management System, including investigation observations/findings and reporting.
- Corrective/Preventive Actions (CAPA):
- Responsible for CAPA system administration, CAPA tracking and trending, and, as necessary, lead CAPA implementation efforts.
- Supplier Quality Management:
- Lead Qualification activities and maintenance of the Approved Supplier List (ASL).
- Monitor and facilitate timely execution of Supplier/vendor Corrective Actions (SCAR).
- Documentation Control:
- Support local Document Control (PLM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Complaints Investigation/Returned Materials Analysis:
- Knowledge of process(es) for investigation/analysis of returned/complaint materials.
- Nonconforming Material (NCM) Control:
- Knowledge of ID, traceability, containment requirements, Material Review Board (MRB) responsibilities and handling of NCM.
- Ensure compliance of all personnel to QMS requirements.
- Ensure adherence to training requirements regarding Quality Management System elements, controls, processes and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 4-Year degree or equivalent of directly-transferrable industry work experience (Engineering or Quality discipline preferred).
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Post-Secondary Education/Training/Certification coursework.
- Quality certification(s) (e.g. ASQ CQE, QCI, etc.).
- Class I, II and/or III Medical Device manufacturing experience.
- Regulated manufacturing industry experience (e.g. Aerospace, Defense, Pharmaceutical, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with external standards: ISO 900/9001, ISO 13485, and 21CFR 820, EU MDR, especially pertaining to product development, design controls, good manufacturing practices, supplier qualification, auditing, quality control (GD&T, Nonconforming Materials, MRB), Corrective and Preventive Actions, and customer complaints).
- Experience in effectively supporting audits by customers and external regulatory agencies.
- Strong verbal and written English language communication skills.
- Successfully meet TOMZ-specific positional/functional on-the-job training requirements.
- Competency with Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- “Hands-on” self-starter with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with a variety of functional areas, including R&D, Manufacturing, and QA.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds while moving files or small packages. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
This position will minimally require intermittent travel between TOMZ Corporation sites and/or supplier facilities within the United States.