Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled out before submitting.
TOMZ Corporation, a leader in manufacturing of devices and components for major medical device companies, is looking for a motivated Project Coordinator to join our organization. TOMZ offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including 401k, health/dental, vision, and paid time off. TOMZ maintains a modern, clean, and safe facility with state-of-the-art equipment and dedication to continuous process improvement. TOMZ is registered with the FDA as a Class 2 and Class 3 Medical Device Manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the department head, this position is primarily responsible for assisting the Program Manager in coordinating resources, providing project direction, identifying problems in critical pathways, monitoring project plans, schedules, and budgets, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Provides support and assistance to program managers in managing and coordinating the development and manufacturing transfer of complex components, sub-assemblies and finished medical devices.
- Assists in maintaining detailed project plans, task lists and project risk registers that enable the team to execute activities based on well-defined prioritization.
- Assists in coordinating activities across different functional groups to ensure successful completion of program goals and milestones.
- Tracks program health in terms of schedule and technical risks and issues. Prepares and presents project status reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifies program risks and issues.
- Contributes to development, quality, and risk management activities, and acts as backup to the program managers, engineers, and technical staff on assigned programs as required.
- Assists in the coordination of customer meetings and visits, and day-to-day customer communication.
- Works with internal management to ensure appropriate resources have been assigned. Escalates resource constraints to Program Management.
- Assists the program manager and business development team with definition of program scope and timeline to support preparation of proposals, quotations, and change orders for customers.
- Reliable, consistent, and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s (Bachelor’s preferred) degree in an engineering discipline or similar with a minimum 2 years of industry experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience in project/program management.
- Experience in a regulated engineering/manufacturing environment with mechanical, tool design, and manufacturing processes preferred (preferably in a Medical Device or Aerospace Manufacturer).
- Ability to communicate ideas, Project status and risks to internal and external stake holders.
- Proven ability to execute and perform autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed project deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and proactively manage workload and deadlines to anticipate risks and implement mitigation strategies where needed.
- Willingness to travel, if required.
- Must maintain high ethical standards.
- Must demonstrate good organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, including the MS Office suite and MS Project.
- Must be able to fully interpret technical drawings, blueprints, specifications & illustrations.
- Strong analytical skills, must be able to obtain, evaluate, and apply secondary research information.
- Technical report preparation and formal presentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds while moving components, fixtures, equipment and/or small packages. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.