Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled out before submitting.
TOMZ Corporation, a leader in manufacturing devices and components for major medical device companies, is looking for a Production Supervisor to join our organization. TOMZ offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including 401k, health/dental, vision, and paid time off. TOMZ maintains a modern, clean, and safe facility with state-of-the-art equipment and dedication to continuous process improvement. TOMZ is registered with the FDA as a Class 2 and Class 3 Medical Device Manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Supervises production team in assigned department(s). Improve safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and cost. Increases team skills and capabilities. Continuously improves level of associate satisfaction while improving efficiency.
- Safe operation of all production processes. Identifies improvements needed and leads project for implementation. Continually monitors area and solicits feedback from associates. Enforces all safety rules and regulations. Is key coordinator/communicator for at least one safety training program for the entire organization.
- Supervises team members. Ensures effective employee relations. Resolves issues through problem resolution. Confers with management to resolve complex associate issues.
- Interviews, selects, orients, trains, conducts performance appraisals and performance development, and schedules and approves hours.
- Provides leadership for associate relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Executes operational plan to enhance profitability, productivity, and efficiency throughout assigned production department(s).
- Implements Lean Manufacturing techniques to improve quality, cost, on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, and associate satisfaction.
- Maintains production plan.
- Ensures compliance with the organization standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and on-time delivery.
- Provides training and support need to the team and sets goals and objectives.
- Measures team performance for safety, quality, delivery, and cost. Works with team to continually improve these measures.
- Monitors the budget.
- Arranges for equipment, materials, and supplies to be available for work assignments.
- Approves setups and assigns operators. Troubleshoots bottleneck operations to determine cause and notify appropriate support for assistance.
- Checks work methods and operations to make recommendations for improving quality and implement systems to report and reduce scrap and cost.
- Oversees the use of SPC.
- Identifies opportunities aimed at continuous improvement of the quality of products and processes. Leads project team during identification through implementation and evaluation.
- Confers with others to coordinate operations and activities across all shifts.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent directly transferrable work experience (Manufacturing or Engineering discipline preferred).
- Certification from a technical school program strongly preferred.
- 4-Year degree or equivalent in Business Operations or closely related field preferred OR directly transferrable industry work experience.
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment.
- Experience in the setup and operation of manufacturing equipment.
- Knowledge of production, processing, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of our products.
- Broad experience with precision components and assembly.
- Knowledge of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to think ahead. Knowledge of production cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with associates, customers, and vendors.
- Excellent project and program management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Quality orientation.
- Knowledge of human resources and safety to include coaching, performance management, and OSHA and related safety standards.
- Knowledge of mathematics to include geometry and statistics.
- Ability to think critically and use judgment to identify strengths and weaknesses of solutions to problems presented in production.
- Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Team oriented.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds while moving tooling, fixtures, equipment, and/or small packages. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.