Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled out before submitting.
TOMZ Corporation, a leader in manufacturing of devices and components for major medical device companies, is looking for a Director of Operations to join our organization. TOMZ offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including 401k, health/dental, vision, and paid time off. TOMZ maintains a modern, clean, and safe facility with state-of-the-art equipment and dedication to continuous process improvement. TOMZ is registered with the FDA as a Class 2 and Class 3 Medical Device Manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485.
Summary of Position
The Director of Operations has cost responsibility for plant supply, production, and service to the customer. This includes developing the plant’s strategy to meet the manufacturing and strategic deployment goals of the overall business. Develops and manages short and long-term business plan objectives including the annual operating plan, capital, operating costs, and the utilization of Personnel and headcount targets required to establish and sustain manufacturing efforts.
- Drives growth through active management of all internal processes.
- Responsible for effectively planning, directing, and coordinating all activities for production and delivery to ensure customer commitments are met.
- Utilizes ERP and corporate financial systems to report performance and financial data.
- Assists with establishing operating budgets for all areas within the plant. Monitors and controls direct and indirect costs of expense and capital budgets to meet annual operation plan and strategic deployment action plan.
- Oversees production activities to ensure material flow through production in support of monthly production plans. Identifies needed labor and ensures that the necessary effort is applied in production areas to ensure correct flow to meet production schedules.
- Establishes and tracks quality and cost improvement programs. Involved in departmental and organization programs. Researches, plans, and controls reduction in costs on existing products with constant focus on continuous improvement programs. Manages process improvement initiatives. Utilizes Lean Daily Management systems to improve performance.
- Establishes, implements, and revises policies and procedures relating to the manufacturing operations.
- Reports on-site specific activities and performance metrics. Provides periodic updates and special status reports as requested by management and customers.
- Creates and maintains communication process within facility to ensure that all employees are fully engaged and informed, and their efforts are aligned with the business.
- Minimum Requirements: Must have two years of CNC Swiss Type machine experience, and must be able to work overtime as needed. Candidates with shift flexibility a plus. Independently troubleshooting machine issues by making corrections and/or adjustments is vital to success in this role.
- Minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of manufacturing and operations experience in a Plant/Senior Management leadership and management role.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications
- Previous leadership experience in plant operations, including production planning, quality control, cost reduction and supply chain methods and manufacturing engineering preferred.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing techniques with the proven ability to apply them to business needs.
- Capability to meet key metrics, including EH&S objectives, on-time delivery, quality, cost management, and inventory management.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) and mandatory experience utilizing ERP systems.
- Ability to lead, plan and manage a diverse manufacturing business.
- Ability to make and execute sound business decisions with minimal direction.
- Medical Device or other regulated manufacturing experience.
- Strong leadership, communication, and change management skills.
- Knowledge and experience in Lean and Six Sigma Methods.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds while moving tooling, fixtures, equipment and/or small packages. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.