Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be filled out before submitting.
TOMZ Corporation, a leader in manufacturing of devices and components for major medical device companies, is looking for a Buyer/Planner to join our organization. TOMZ offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including 401k, health/dental, vision and paid time off. TOMZ maintains a modern, clean, and safe facility with state-of-the-art equipment and dedication to continuous process improvement. TOMZ is registered with the FDA as a Class 2 and Class 3 Medical Device Manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Buyer/Planner has the primary responsibility of ensuring material availability to support the production schedule. Other responsibilities include managing inventory levels, supporting material/product level revisions, interacting/coordinating with suppliers on a variety of topics, and supporting other business functions as required.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material as required by forecast and the production schedule.
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication, and mitigation of future potential problems.
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes, determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation, and material lead times.
- Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials due to new product development.
- Manage the inter-company flow of materials between warehouse locations.
- Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers.
- Provide back-up support for supply chain functions including shipping, receiving, material handling and other duties as assigned.
- Setup & maintain material master system planning parameters (MOQ, lead time, safety stocks).
- Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options.
- Ensure and promote compliance to Company and Procurement policies and procedures.
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Business (required) or equivalent combination of education and buyer experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Buyer/Planner/Material Scheduler role working for a direct manufacturer (required)
- Expert applied knowledge of forecasting, MRP, transportation, supply chain, inventory management and warehousing disciplines
- Proficient with MS Office suite – advanced skills with MS Excel
- Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
- Excellent organization, communication, and follow-up skills
- Able to influence others & manage conflict
- Ability to self-direct and take constructive action in ambiguous situations
- Extremely high standards of excellence
- Analytical with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Experience establishing and employing demand-pull material planning methods
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds while moving tooling, fixtures, equipment and/or small packages. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.