Job Description: TOMZ Corporation is looking to hire a talented and motivated Master Scheduler in Berlin, CT.
TOMZ Corporation is a leader in the manufacturing of parts for major medical device, healthcare, laboratory diagnostic and aerospace industries. TOMZ offers excellent benefits to their employees including 401k, health/dental, vision and paid time off.
Job Purpose: The Master Production Scheduler is responsible for developing the master production plan and schedule to meet customer requirements by effectively utilizing available shop capacity and resources
- Use input from historical shipment data, sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations, and internal capacity constraints to develop annual, quarterly and monthly production plans.
- Develop and maintain a detailed daily production schedule. Analyze inventory and capacity status and efficiently load each production machine and work center to meet purchase order commitments.
- Strong collaboration with the Manufacturing Managers, Sales, Customer Service and Management will be critical to meeting performance goals. Support the S&OP process by review of production performance against schedule, inventory status and capacity utilization. Review the forecast with the Sales Manager on a monthly basis, and suggest modifications to make the most efficient and effective use of plant resources.
- Meet customer delivery commitments, which involves active monitoring of job status, available capacity and production delays with modification of the production schedule as required. Identify order fulfillment process deficiencies and then identify and drive solutions, as demonstrated by improved production performance to the schedule.
- Maintain finished goods inventory at target levels to ensure high service levels for Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) and customer Kanban’s. Monitor and adjust WIP and Finished Goods inventory levels on an ongoing basis to meet inventory turn goals.
- Develop and report key metrics as requested by senior management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree required
- Preferred area of study: Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Research
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) preferred
- 5 years’ experience performing Master Scheduling and Inventory Control in a job shop machining environment, preferably in an ISO 13485 certified facility.
- Proficient with various MRP / ERP systems, Epicor and SAP experience required
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including S&OP, Order Fulfillment, VMI and Kanban
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organization, problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities.
- Proficient in MS office applications.